Vimla is not just another mobile carrier and never will be. Ever since the launch of Vimla in 2014, we've changed what people expect from a phone operator. By pushing boundaries, we have managed to become the fastest growing mobile carrier in Sweden. And more importantly, we have earned the trust and loyalty of our customers to an extent normally unheard of in our industry. This year we were even awarded Carrier of the Year (for the 3rd time!) based on our customer satisfaction. Things are good, but we're just getting started!
In the team, we are excited to work on:
- Improving our internal tools so that everybody can work more efficiently
- Improving our products to remove pain-points for our users
- Migrating our systems to Kubernetes and other improvements to our code quality
- Developing new types of services based on new telco capabilities
- Building an efficient work environment for development with excellent ergonomics
As a software engineer at Vimla, you'll join our small and ever-evolving team with some of the most humble and skilled technical nerds in the business, devoted to enabling all the fun stuff for our users!
Focusing on the back-end, you’ll be part of building entirely new micro-service environments, reliable high availability services, and a new legacy free telco platform. We encourage each other to stepping up and taking ownership and you’ll have a hand in the whole process of designing, implementing, documenting and testing our software.
Our back-end is based on Kotlin, Node, AWS, and Kubernetes, while using Typescript and React in our front-end. We value investing in the best possible tools and environments to make development efficient and ergonomic. Some of our platform is open source, and part of your work will be to contribute to that and other open source projects.
We’re working in an agile environment without Scrum or Kanban, where your ideas and opinions will count, with the opportunity to make a big impact on both our future and the future of mobile carriers.
- Planning, building, documenting and testing new services
- Improving and maintaining our software development environment and tools
- Planning long-term how Vimlas software should evolve
Some cool stuff in the pipeline
- Our vision is that Vimla should be the natural choice for any developer - by launching a developer portal where our users can get API:s to interact with the network.
- By switching telephone network type to cloud based, we will be able to manage and do new and interesting things in our telecom network
We believe you already
- Know one or a few programming languages well
- Have experience working in a medium or large project
- Know our technology stack or are willing to learn on the job
It's also a plus if you
- Are familiar working with Java, Kotlin, AWS, Kubernetes, Node or Typescript
- Have operations-knowledge using Kubernetes, Linux and AWS
- Have experience in working with mobile apps
- Experience with micro-service architecture
- Have some domain knowledge in telco
Why you want to work @Vimla
As Vimla is currently on a really exciting growth journey, the possibilities to grow and develop with us are huge. We’re all intrigued by the opportunity of building the next generation telco, with the vision to disrupt the telecom industry from the inside!
We believe in empowering our team to work the way they’re most efficient, therefore you’ll choose your own equipment and have the possibility to affect your own work environment.
We value each other’s progress and have a flexibel budget for competence-development, with room for important matters like learning new technologies and attending relevant conferences, ensuring we all keep á jour with all the needed knowledge to keep progressing.
Vimla is a part of Telenor Sweden which means you get the best of two worlds - freedom to work independently as an online startup company but with employment benefits and development opportunities offered by a large company. We currently work completely remotely, but when we're back to the office, we will be in our completely new offices in Solna, Stockholm right next to T-Bana Solna C.
Is there a chance that you could be our new teammate? Make sure to press that application button. You might be glad that you did. Send your application in Swedish or English, whatever feels best.
At Vimla we believe that a diverse work environment will improve both the quality of our work and our workplace. All qualified candidates will receive our consideration for employment without regard to religion, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
At the moment, we are recruiting continuously.
Employment type: Full-time